I can't believe that the time has come around to have everything packed and ready to go. I've had Baby Robinson's bag packed since I hit 36 weeks, I wanted to have everything ready and in one place in case he decided to make an early appearance. But now being over 38 weeks and time ticking away quicker every day I thought I would share with you what we have packed to take with us to hospital.
Being my second time in packing a hospital bag I felt a lot more confident about what we would need. Experience is a great thing to go from but when I was pregnant with Charlie I had no clue what to pack, I looked at all the different sites and what they recommended the NHS (link) have a good list of what a newborn needs as well as Boots (link) having a good checklist. I would look at other blogs and see what other people were taking and once packed with Charlie I wrote my own post. Coming home I reviewed what I had taken with me and you can read both of these posts here and here. Looking at my review and remembering what we used the most of I made a list of what we were going to take with us and hit the shops to get it all together.
I wanted to buy a new bag to take with us as we took quite a small one in last time. This one is from Accessorize and I LOVE it (link). Not only is it great for our baby boy's hospital bag its a great weekender with colours that go so well, the tan detailing matches the navy and white stripes perfectly.
To go in the bag we have:
- A pack of 23 size 1 Pampers nappies, we have used these with Charlie and in our opinion they are the best. We've only ever had spills when the nappy wasn't done up right so we really have had no issues with them.
- Water wipes, they are great for those sensitive little bums.
- 2 blankets, one for the time in hospital the other to wrap him up to come home in.
- A cuddly elephant, so he isnt lonely in his cot.
- 2 square muslins, for those spills.
- 1 large muslin which can be multi purpose.
- 15 bibs, they get through them so fast I'm sure I will need more.
- 3 dribble bibs.
- 2 hats.
- A pair of socks for when he isn't in an all in one.
- His coming home outfit.
- A jacket.
- 6 short sleeved vests.
- 12 all in one baby grows.
- A travel size Bepanthan.
- A nail file.
- A comb.
I'll be posting whats in my hospital bag on friday to show you what I will be taking with me.
What did you take with you in to hospital for your baby? Did you forget anything important, pack way too much or too little? Let me know in the comments. I hope this is of some help to those of you who are looking for some advice as to what to take in, and hope the rest of you have enjoyed an insight in to Baby Robinsons first belongings.